Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Container: M75-1
Abstract The collection consists of more than 1,000 items, primarily twentieth century material relating to Jacksonville, Florida. Includes letters, documents, and notes relating to the personal, political, and business activities of Eartha M. M. White. Some subject files include publications, reports, programs, photographs, and memorabilia. Of particular interest are materials pertaining to: Prominent African American leaders, e.g., James Weldon Johnson, A. Phillip Randolph, and Simuel Decatur McGill;...
Abstract The collection consists of printed materials, souvenirs and memorabilia, including official posters and programs, promotional brochures / fliers/ media packets, invitations, postcards, apparel, buttons and pins which document the Festival's activities and development from 1981 to date. The bulk of the collection are printed materials, and materials are mixed for each year.
Collection — Container: M12-2
Abstract The collection provides historical evidence and documentation of daily activities, events and life in Northeast Florida from the mid-nineteenth century to date. The core of the collection are print ephemera, including calendars, cards, certificates, correspondence, folders, journals, pamphlets, posters, stationery, stickers, tax receipts, and tickets. Items span the years 1857-2012, with the bulk of the materials concentrated in the late twentieth century. Unique early printed items include an...
Collection — Container: M01-2a
Abstract The collection provides historical documentation of tourism and lodging accommodations in Northeast Florida in the late nineteenth and early to mid-twentieth centuries. The core of the collection relates to hotel accommodations, particularly text and visual materials representing once notable and no longer extant urban Jacksonville hotels. (Chiefly Hotels Andrew Jackson, Aragon, Carling, George Washington, Mason, Mayflower, Roosevelt, Seminole, Windle, and Windsor.)
Collection — Container: M09-3
Abstract The collection contains miscellaneous printed materials relating to the life of the major American novelist Thomas Wolfe. Many of the items depict and feature his childhood home in Asheville, North Carolina. Types of items include art prints and illustrations, postcards, brochures, posters, and keepsakes and publications issued by the Thomas Wolfe Society as a part of the Society's annual meeting.
Collection — Container: M02-1
Abstract The collection consists of 213 photographs and other miscellaneous materials, including Deane's photo order book for January 1945. The photographs are primarily 8x10 black and white prints, featuring daylight scenes. With only a few exceptions, the photographs are undated, with the earliest known photograph in the collection being 1944. Empirical evidence dates the majority of the collection as mid-twentieth century, ca. 1945-1965.
- Subject: Souvenirs X
- Andrew Jackson Hotel (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Aragon Hotel (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Arnold Printing Company. 1
- Carling Hotel (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Clara White Mission. 1
- DaCosta Printing and Publishing House. 1
- Deane, Virgil R., 1915-1999 1
- Eartha M. M. White Nursing Home. 1
- George Washington Hotel (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Griner Hotel (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- H. & W.B. Drew Company. 1
- Hotel Mason (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Hotel Seminole (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Hotel St. Elmo (Green Cove Springs, Fla.) 1
- Hotel Windle (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Hunting Lodge (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.) 1
- Jacksonville (Fla.). City Council. Advertising Committee. 1
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival 1
- Jacksonville Tourist and Convention Bureau. 1
- Jean Ribaut Club (Fort George Island, Fla.) 1 ∧ less