Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 73
The collection contains awards, photographs, printed material, and realia. Items span the years 1920-2009, with the majority of the materials concentrated in 1970-96.
Black Floridians and the Civil War: Pension Records of the 21st, 33rd, and 34th United States Colored Infantry Regiments
The collection consists of the personal and business correspondence of Bucky Family members and other correspondents from 1893-1915. Most of the letters are incoming correspondence from business associates, close family members, relatives and friends to Jacob (Jake) D. Bucky. Numerous letters from 1893-1895 are written on the "L. Bucki and Son" letterhead stationery.
Primarily incoming business correspondence, most of which are inquiries about land purchases in Florida and rental property management activities documenting business life in Jacksonville. Includes also: Florida Uniform Examination questions (1896); campaign literature and messages of Florida Governor Napoleon Bonaparte Broward; a nineteenth century Jacksonville newsletter, 'St. Andrew's messenger' (1891); and several letters referring to the Jacksonville fire of May 3, 1901
This collection contains awards, correspondence, memorabilia, printed materials, photographs, personal papers, and writings. Many printed materials and photographs relate to politics and political activism. There are numerous photographs and newspaper clippings, as well as Dr. Saffy’s dissertation. The collection contains many memorabilia items, particularly from various political events, and there are two large portraits of Dr. Edna Louise Saffy.
Documents pertaining to biographical research on Dr. James Hall, and the concerted efforts of several Jacksonville residents to recognize Dr. Hall as an American patriot and to publicize the historical importance of his burial site. The collection includes biographical materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings, research notes, minutes of meetings, maps, periodicals, presentations and speeches by Dr. G. Dekle Taylor, and photographs.
The collection contains original political cartoons, personal letters, and ephemera. The majority of the cartoon collection relates to Florida and Jacksonville and were published in the Florida Times-Union Newspaper.
The collection consists of administrative and financial records, and publications which chronicle the League's activities and development from 1967-1986. The bulk of the collection are printed materials.
The collection contains correspondence, subject files, and campaign and printed materials relating to Humphries' political activities, chiefly his tenure on the Jacksonville City Council from 1967-1971. The core of the collection are newspaper clippings pertaining to the Council's activities under the new consolidated government. Additional printed materials provide documentation on the site selection of the University of North Florida in 1969.
The collection consists of reports, annual reports, studies, and quality of life surveys conducted by the Jacksonville Community Council, Inc. for Jacksonville and Northeast Florida. The collection is arranged in chronological order beginning in 1975 through 2015.
- Printed materials 49
- Correspondence 20
- Jacksonville (Fla.)--History. 20
- Memorabilia 16
- Photographs 15
- Publications 15
- Pamphlets 14
- Posters 11
- Realia 10
- University archives 9
- Jacksonville (Fla.)--Biography. 8
- Florida--Politics and government--1951- 6
- Meeting minutes 6
- Duval County (Fla.)--History. 5
- Jacksonville (Fla.)--Politics and government. 5
- Jacksonville Region (Fla.)--History. 5
- Reports 5
- Souvenirs 5
- Tourism--Florida--Jacksonville. 5
- Broadsides 4 + ∧ less
- University of North Florida. 15
- University of North Florida--History. 9
- University of North Florida--Faculty. 5
- University of North Florida--Planning. 5
- University of North Florida--Administration. 4
- Taylor, George Dekle. 3
- University of North Florida--Employees. 3
- Florida Times-Union and Journal 2
- Florida Times-Union. 2
- Florida. Legislature. Senate.--Biography. 2
- H. & W.B. Drew Company. 2
- Jacksonville (Fla.) City Council. 2
- Jacksonville Tourist and Convention Bureau. 2
- Miller Press. 2
- University of North Florida--Students. 2
- University of North Florida. Dept. of Art and Design. 2
- Adult Sexual Assault Task Force (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1
- Afro-American Life Insurance Company 1
- American Society of Criminology. Division on Women and Crime. 1
- American Society of Criminology. Division on Women and Crime. Archives. 1 + ∧ less